Blood Child


1)
Firstly, I really enjoy this story as a whole; it feels refreshingly original and has an interesting gender reversal you don’t see to often.  Secondly, my skin was crawling the entire time I was reading this. I get a real face-hugger vive and, we especially discussed in class, a mental violation kind of takes place; the character’s homes and bodies are invaded by this alien that talks and threatens them into doing what it wants.

2)
I kind of touched on this in my earlier response, I immediately thought of every scene in the entire Alien franchise that had to do with the face-huggers. Both the story and the Alien movies have themes of sexual assault. What’s interesting is that the gender roles reversal.

3)
I think this would make for a cool syfy horror film. It would be very relevant politically to what’s happening currently and has a unique take in that genre.
Of course that film would have to be lengthened to average movie times. Other changes like maybe a slower introduction to the alien instead of having it be there from the very beginning and showing the whole alien should be held off to help build some suspense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fiction of Ideas

Science Fiction Parody