Science Fiction Parody


To cap off the semester I watched Idiocracy for syfy parody. My thoughts on the movie have changed greatly over the years. I watched this when it first came out on comedy central. At the time, I thought it was really funny and had a weird/goofy outlook on the future. In a nutshell, a man wakes up in the future and everyone is really dumb, a pro wrestler runs the country, and all crops are watered with a drink that closely resembles Gatorade. At the time it seemed not very plausible, then I watched it about a year ago and for this class. The comparisons to today’s current political climate are kind of scary. Decreases in intelligence, overreliance on technology, and outlandish people running the country are only a few similarities that are starting to show up today. While things in the movie are blown out of proportion, and it’s kind of scary to see.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fiction of Ideas

Blood Child